First Dam Scary Run
First Dam Scary Run
- 5K run
- 10K run
- Halloween-themed run for kids
- Start & finish: Merlin Olsen Park, 300 E. Center Street Logan, Utah
- Turn around point for the 10K run: First Dam (hence the name)
- Pre-registration (available after October 1st): Al’s Sporting Goods 1075 N. Main, Logan
- Race day: Saturday, October 28, 2017
- Pre-registration deadline: Friday, October 27, 2017 (12:00 p.m.)
- Race-day registration & packet pickup: 9:00-9:30 a.m.
- 10K start time: 10:00 a.m.
- 5K start time: 10:10 a.m.
- Halloween-themed kids' course open: 10:30-11:15 a.m.
- Awards ceremony: 11:15 a.m.
- First Dam Course Map
- The 5K and 10K start and finish at the same place. The 10K follows the 5K course for the first mile. Just past mile 1, the 5K turns right on Crockett Avenue while the 10K continues straight on Canyon Road and heads past First Dam to the mouth of Logan Canyon. There it turns around and comes back along Canyon Road, making a left on Crockett Avenue to rejoin the 5K course to the finish. In other words, the 10K follows the same route as the 5K but takes an out-and-back excursion in the middle to make up the distance.
- The Halloween-themed run for kids is a blast! The course is a loop of the park with stations where the kids go through an obstacle like zombie in the forest run, creepy crab walk, or black cat crawl. It is a lot of fun for kids and will be a hit again this year!
- Trophies for first male & female finishers
- Ribbons for the first six in these age groups: 11 and under, 12-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+, wheelchair
- Two treadmills donated by ICON Health & Fitness will be raffled after the race (all registered finishers are eligible, but you must be present at the drawing to win)
- Halloween-themed goodies at the kids' course
- $20 pre-registered by 12:00 p.m. on October 27th
- $30 race day registration
- $15 pre-registration by 12:00 p.m. on October 27th (no t-shirt)
- $25 race day registration (no t-shirt)
- Halloween-themed kids' course is FREE
How to Register
- Online registration
- Pre-register at Al's Sporting Goods 1075 N. Main, Logan, until 12:00 p.m. on October 27th (available after October 1st)
- Race-day registration from 9:00-9:30 a.m.
- Verify your registration through RaceEntry
Manage your Registration
- With participant self-management, you can change your registration between the 10K and 5K options (free) or sell your registration to another runner ($5 transfer fee applies)
- No deferrals.
- Bathrooms will be available at the start and finish
- There are no bathrooms provided on the course
- There are no aid stations along the course
- No non-registered runners are allowed on the course
- Chip timing and results by sportstats.us
- Costumes are encouraged!
- 5K: https://www.sportstats.us/display-results.xhtml?raceid=41362
- 10K: https://www.sportstats.us/display-results.xhtml?raceid=41363
For more information, email the race director, Kent Hansen, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in the 2017 First Dam Scary Run!