First Dam Scary Run
First Dam Scary Run
- 5K: https://www.sportstats.us/display-results.xhtml?raceid=41362
- 10K: https://www.sportstats.us/display-results.xhtml?raceid=41363
- 5K run
- 10K run
- Halloween-themed run for kids
- Start & finish: Merlin Olsen Park, 300 E. Center Street Logan, Utah
- Turn around point for the 10K run: First Dam (hence the name)
- Pre-registration (available after October 1st): Al’s Sporting Goods 1075 N. Main, Logan
- Race day: Saturday, October 29, 2016
- Pre-registration deadline: Friday, October 28, 2016 (12:00 p.m.)
- Race-day registration & packet pickup: 9:00-9:30 a.m.
- 5K start time: 10:10 a.m.
- 10K start time: 10:00 a.m.
- Halloween-themed kid's course open: 10:30-11:15 a.m.
- Awards ceremony: 11:15 a.m.
- First Dam Course Map
- The 5K and 10K start and finish at the same place. The 10K follows the 5K course for the first mile. Just past mile 1, the 5K turns right on Crockett Avenue while the 10K continues straight on Canyon Road and heads past First Dam to the mouth of Logan Canyon. There it turns around and comes back along Canyon Road, making a left on Crockett Avenue to rejoin the 5K course to the finish. In other words, the 10K follows the same route as the 5K but takes an out-and-back excursion in the middle to make up the distance.
- The Halloween-themed run for kids was new in 2014—and it was a blast! The course was a single loop of the field with three stations where the kids were asked to do a “zombie in the forest run,” a “creepy crab walk,” and a “black cat crawl.” It was a lot of fun and will be a hit again this year!
- Trophies for first male & female finishers
- Ribbons for the first six in these age groups: 11 and under, 12-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+, wheelchair
- Two treadmills donated by ICON Health & Fitness will be raffled after the race (all registered finishers are eligible, but you must be present at the drawing to win)
- Halloween-themed goodies at the kid’s course
- $20 pre-registered by 12:00 p.m. on October 28th
- $30 race day registration
- $15 pre-registration by 12:00 p.m. on October 28th (no t-shirt)
- $25 race day registration (no t-shirt)
- Halloween-themed kid's course is FREE
How to Register
- Online registration available after Labor Day
- Pre-register at Al's Sporting Goods 1075 N. Main, Logan, until 12:00 p.m. on October 28th (available after October 1st)
- Race-day registration from 9:00-9:30 a.m.
- Bathrooms will be available at the start and finish
- There are no bathrooms provided on the course
- There are no aid stations along the course
- No non-registered runners are allowed on the course
- Chip timing and results by www.milliseconds.com
- Costumes are encouraged!
- 5K: https://www.sportstats.us/display-results.xhtml?raceid=28719
- 10K: https://www.sportstats.us/display-results.xhtml?raceid=28720
For more information, email the race director, Kent Hansen, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in the 2016 First Dam Scary Run!